Monday, August 1, 2011

RAMADAN KAREEM!

I don't exactly know what that means, but my mom said it's like have a blessed Ramadan or something, or it's like for us Christians when we always say Merry Christmas. But I'm not sure really!

It's my first time to be in a Muslim country, and so Ramadan laws are all new to me (e.g people cannot eat or drink or smoke outside, shorter periods of work, festivs in evening, and so on and so forth). I don't know how these things work or how they fast, but I know RESPECT. And so, even if I'm not a Muslim, I shall respect and follow all the rules, not just because a police might arrest me, but because I respect Muslim's holy time. Maybe Allah is not the name I call my God, but I always believe in "Different Paths to the Same Summit" (I forgot the name of the philosopher who wrote this), that says, people may have different names of calling God or different ways of worshiping Him, but it is the same God.

And so,

RAMADAN KAREEM!!! :)
(Maybe, it's time I should Google this out)

No comments:

Post a Comment